6.28.2010

It's a blog award! (not a leg lamp)

It’s a blog award! Thank you to Michelle at Some Girl's Website for recently bestowing upon me this lovely honor:


Michelle has a great blog, based on her made-up word “fraddle,” which she defines as, “the act or an instance of doing something for or with someone because you love them.” Therefore, I feel especially honored to receive an award from someone who developed an entire blog theme around such a fabulous made-up word and accompanying definition. So without further ado, let me pull out my crumpled paper, quickly put on a pair of glasses, and clear my throat…

(taps microphone)… “Is this thing on?”

(jumps as the feedback screeches)… “Oops, sorry!”

(glances at the crumpled paper)… “ Uhhh, I’d like to thank the Academy…”

When the dad in A Christmas Story when won a trivia contest and his leg lamp arrived in a fra-gee-lay crate, he proudly declared, “It’s a major Award!” I’m glad to have a major award of my own, and even gladder that it’s not a leg lamp. In all seriousness, if you’re reading this right now, thank you for taking the time to be a Farris Wheel reader (er, rider.) If no one read this stuff, then I might as well go back to writing by hand in my diary. But thanks to you all, my real-life friends and my newly-made cyber ones, I’ve been inspired to send the thoughts circling in my head out into cyberspace. And thus far, I have enjoyed it immensely, and I hope you have too.

The rules accompanying my award stipulate that I pass it on to 15 bloggers whose websites are particularly outstanding, ones that I have recently discovered. As a relatively new citizen of the blogosphere who has trolled these waters for less than a month, I have elected to postpone my award-bestowing ceremony until sometime in the future when I have a better grasp of blogdom.

So look out. You never know when I might be sending you a leg lamp.

Until next time,

19 comments:

  1. congratulations on the award... you totally deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *clap, clap, clap* Best acceptance speech I've ever heard, uh, read! LOVE IT! The only thing better would be if the award had a leg lamp clip art on it... hmmmm... makes me want to go make one! ;)

    Thanks for the great shout-out, btw! :)

    ♥ Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your hard work and recent achievement! LOl Cute post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo!!! Love Christmas Story by the way. And when the major award comes... "FRA-GI-LAY" Ha ha ha, fragile!!!!

    Newest follower in the house from TTA. Would love if you'd swing by and say hi!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm a new follower via Tuesday Tag-Along.

    my blog: about happy books

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - "Sending you a Leg Lamp"...Could you imagine the postage on that thing??? It would cost an arm and a...

    Well you get the picture. (hehe)

    Blessings to you from iFellowship,
    Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah for you! Congrats on your award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came over from iFellowship! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your award! Hopping over from iFellowship.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the award. Still not sure why you wouldn't want the leg lamp (HA) but whatever floats your boat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!!! You deserve the award. Your blog is so fun to read!!! You have an adorable family too!!! I am your newest follower from Tuesday Tag Along!!!

    BTW, I am a mama bear too. I totally agree with you on how horrible and scary some of the things our kids see. Our standards have dropped so much regarding viewing television and movies...I feel it is so necessary to shield our kids as much as we can...

    I will def be back to catch up with ya. Keep up the fantastic blogging.

    Hope you'll stop by and follow me back!!!

    --Tabitha
    www.bsandgl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. ha ha ha...I am following now!!! Must not have gone through the first time!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog...So glad you found the info useful...Have a wonderful time bowling. We are going for the first time tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the award!
    Have a nice weekend :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm stopping by from New Friend Fridays at Trendy Treehouse. Congrats on your award, looks like you deserve it :) Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there.
    Stopping by from Friday-Follow to say hello.
    Thanks for playing.
    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/07/i-tend-to-go-for-ordinary-people-friday-following/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations!!! I love a Christmas Story !
    Hello I am now following you! And glad I found you! I would looove a follow back ;) And come by and link up for Playdates Friday Follow! Stash Mama

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the award!! No one deserves it more. I truly loooooooovvveeeee your blogs..same as I love your songs and you!
    See ya at church!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...