10.05.2010

The Gray Hair Song

What do you do when you haven't had your hair colored in a while? Or, more specifically...in eons? You make up a song about it. Here is a little ditty about my recently deficient hair-coloring habits, inspired by Pebbles Flintstone. I'm sure you remember her smash hit from 1965:

I don't think I'm going to make a youtube of this one, mainly because I don't want anyone looking too closely at my hair. So just pretend I'm singing it, with Bam-Bam (I mean, Always-Supportive Hubby) strumming his guitar in the background. OK, here goes.

*steps up to the mic*

Mommy told me something a little kid should know,

It's all about gray hairs, and I've learned to hate them so.

She said that they cause trouble when you let 'em creep up slow,

They will never, ever leave you...So you should let 'em go...

 

And let the gray come in, face it with a grin,

What started with ONE hair...has somehow become TEN,

So let the gray come in, face it with a grin,

Postpone your salon trip, and let the gray come in.

 

If I forget to color and rinse, gray hairs will still remain,

But coloring and rinsing hair is such a dreadful pain.

So if you just don't have time, and your wallet's getting thin,

Postpone your salon trip and let the gray come in.

 

So let the gray come in, face it with a grin,

What started with ONE hair...has somehow become TEN,

So let the gray come in, face it with a grin,

Postpone your salon trip, and let the gray come in.

(*bows* Thank you, thank you very much.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...