11.17.2012

Punkin Muffins for Remedial Cooks

I cook to live. To provide sustenance for my family. Not for the sheer love of it. I wish I could stir up in my heart a great love for mixing, sauteeing, roasting, grilling, and baking, but alas, it’s just not there. Sometimes the things we eat to live are righteously good. Sometimes marginal. Sometimes fit for the garbage disposal.

But just like the next person, I like to make people think I’m a super good cook. My husband got a phone call recently from a family friend who needed my phone number because she wanted the recipe for my deliciously moist and perfect chocolate brownies. He chuckled on the inside, since he knew the truth, but gave the lady my number anyway so that I could be the one to sheepishly explain to her that she could find the Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix in a box on aisle 5 at the Winn Dixie.

These are the reasons that this is not a cooking blog.

But today, for the first time ever, I’m posting a recipe because it’s so easy and yummy that even a remedial cook could do it. It came to me by way of my friend Amy Dorsey, and it came to her by way of someone else, so therefore I do not claim to have authored these instructions of pure autumn goodness.

Here’s what you need to buy for Perfect Pumpkin Spice Muffins. 

This -
DSCN2806 And this -
DSCN2807
That’s it! Just a can of pumpkin and some spice cake mix!
Then, you mix them up like so:
DSCN2808

Looks a little thick and muddy, but not to worry. I do recommend doing a better job than I did of getting those little white clumps of cake mix smoothed out.

DSCN2809

Spoon into greased muffin cups and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, then presto! Punkin muffins that your friends won’t know had only two ingredients! Unless you sheepishly explain.

DSCN2810
Pure. Autumn. Goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...